How Points Are Assigned
- Players Cup Points are accumulated during the calendar year.
- A player’s Division for the given year is determined by his age as of the first day of January.
- In Stroke Play events, all players finishing the event will receive points. In match play events, in addition to those selected for matches, those whose score ties for the last qualifying place earn equal points.
- Bonus points are available for players in USGA Championships and International events with AGA Invitations (i.e. Peru, Mexican Amateur)
- Players Qualifying for USGA events receive points according to the published criteria. AGA is responsible for charting points gained in Arizona qualifiers. Those players qualifying in other locations are responsible to notify the AGA within 30 days’ of qualifying to receive points.
- In Sanctioned events, points will be awarded to the top 10 finishers or 1/3 of the field, whichever is less. In the Arizona Open and Arizona Senior Open, the 1/3 of field criteria refers to number of amateurs in the field – i.e. if there are 24 amateurs in the Arizona Open, 8 amateurs would receive points.
- If a player’s birthdate creates eligibility for another Division, the player may compete for a trophy in any event for which his age makes him eligible, but may gain points only through the Division in effect as of January 1 for the year. Points accumulated cannot be transferred from one Division to another within the same year.
- Any player competing in the Open Division will earn points in the appropriate Age Division determined by the score returned in the event. Open Division play does not displace Age Division points assignments.
- Points allocations for individual events are subject to review based on the size of the scratch field. Poorly subscribed events may receive points reductions.
Note: With the conclusion of the Players Cup Championship, the Points leaders in each Division for the year will receive prizes based on the year-long contributions from events. A total of $12,000 will be divided according to the number of players competing in each Division during the year, awarded to the top eight players in each Division: 1st 40%, 2nd 22%, 3rd 16%, 4th 10%, 5th 6%, 6th 4%, 7th 2%, 8th 1%.
*Points for team events are split between the players
Points For AGA Stroke Play events
|Round of 16||250||100||132|
|Round of 32||150||50||33|
|Round of 64||75||—||—|
*With AGA Participation
Points for USGA Qualifying Rounds and International Invitationals
|Equals Qualifying Score (1 day)||200|
|Equals Qualifying Score (2 days)||250|
|Bonus Points for Participation-International||100|
|Making Cut/Match Play in USGA Championships||100|
|Top Ten Finish Stroke Play/Quarter Finalist Match Play (total)||300|
Points for Team Events are split between/among players
Points for Sanctioned Events
|Place||Type I||Type II|